Admission to Part-time and Full-time (without scholarship) PhD Research Scholars
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Part-time and Full-time (without scholarship) PhD Research Scholars in the following departments:
Eligibility for Admission:
The minimum qualification required for admission to PhD programme in Engineering, Science, Humanities & Social Science and Management is one of the following:
1. M. Tech./ M.E./ M. Arch/ M. Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in the M.E./ M. Tech. level from a recognized technical institute or university.
2. B. Tech/ B.E./ MCA/ B. Arch/ B. Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 7.0 CGPA or 65 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university.
3. M. Sc./ M. Com./ MBA/ PGDBM/ PGDM/ MA in relevant discipline with at least 6.0 CGPA or 55 percent marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or university.
4. ICWAI/ CA/ PGDM from IIMs without any restriction with respect to marks
5. MBBS/BDS without any restriction with respect to marks
6. The minimum CGPA/marks shall be relaxed by 0.5 CGPA or 5 percent in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST categories.
7. The faculty and staff members of the Institute who satisfy the eligibility criteria may be considered for admission to the PhD programme as Part-time Research Scholar subject to a no-objection certificate from the Institute. They shall work for their PhD programme while discharging their normal duties.
8. Part-time External Research Scholars may carry out their research work in their parent organization after fulfilling the pre-requisites in the Institute. They shall submit a no-objection certificate from the employer during admission.
9. Mere possession of required degree and a superior academic record do not guarantee admission to a candidate for the PhD programme. Apart from academic record, the DRPC will take into consideration the research aptitude, ability to work in a team, subject interest, availability of Supervisors, facilities in the department and the research focus of the department while selecting candidates to the PhD programme.
1. The applicant may contact the respective Head of the department or faculty member in his/her preferred area of specialization to identify the prospective supervisor. He/she may visit www.nitdgp.ac.in for contact details.
2. The applicant shall send the filled-in application to the address below. The applications are received round- the-year. No application fee is needed. Admission test and viva voce shall be held in respective departments twice a year. The shortlisted candidates shall be informed of the date by the departments through email.
3. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed “Application for Part-time / Full-time (without scholarship) Ph.D. Programme in Department of ___________________________________”.
The application must be addressed to:
Dean (Research & Consultancy)
PG & Research Cell, Academic Section
National Institute Technology Durgapur
Durgapur 713 209, West Bengal, India
The completed application must be accompanied by the following documents:
i) Attested copy of marks sheet / Grade card of the standard X, XI and other university examinations.
ii) Attested copy of proof of date of birth.
iii) Attested copy of community certificate in the case of SC/ST candidates from a competent authority (not below the rank of a Tahsildar), if applicable.
iv) Attested copy of recent community certificate in case of OBC candidates from a competent authority (not below the rank of a Tahsildar) indicating the status regarding creamy layer, if applicable.
v) No-objection certificate from the present employer, if applicable.
An application without the copies of the required documents is liable to be rejected.